The new CHABOP merit system
The new CHABOP merit system forms part of the school's Behaviour Policy. It has a focus on Behaviour for Learning and is based on rewarding good work and developing the best behaviour to support learning.
- Good behaviour is rewarded; poor behaviour results in sanctions.
- Pupils will be rewarded and graded according to their CHABOP record.
- CHABOP stands for Classwork, Homework, Attendance, Behaviour, Organisation and Punctuality.
- Pupils will be awarded MERIT POINTS for good behaviour and positive attitude.
- Poor behaviour and attitude will result in DEMERIT POINTS.
- A high CHABOP score will win prizes and the opportunity to take part in exciting additional activities.
- Pupils will be able to monitor their own CHABOP score so that they can see how their behaviour is linked to their progress.
- Pupils start off each new term with a fresh chance to build a good CHABOP record.