Welcome to Winterbourne Boys' Academy
Welcome to Winterbourne Boys' Academy and our new official website. Our website is constantly being developed and the latest news and information will be available here. Thank you for visiting our websitte.
Message from the Headteacher, Ms Peart
“Attitude Determines Altitude”
Welcome to Winterbourne Boys' Academy, our cherished all boys school for pupils aged between 7 and 11.
In my position as Acting Headteacher I would like to introduce myself as a practitioner committed to driving standards and setting high expectations for all pupils. The pupils of Winterbourne Boys' Academy are at the centre of every decision that I make in order to provide them with a secure understanding of the curriculum, whilst nurturing every individual to achieve their full potential. Every child has a talent and it is our job to ensure that we develop them beyond their own expectations and introduce them to new interests and experiences that will inspire them to commit to their own personal development and educational journey. We have an unshakeable belief in every child.
A crucial focus at Winterbourne Boys’ Academy is to develop the pupils' ability to write fluently and creatively, be an eloquent speaker, an avid reader and a talented mathematician. These skills are refined both inside and outside the classroom and are supplemented with a wide range of extra-curricular activities and experiential learning. Academic rigour is implicit in the ethos of the school and the Platanos Trust, and this is combined with the invaluable contribution of the arts, sport and creativity to develop well-rounded individuals with the relevant skills for the modern world.
The school is proud of its achievements to date, being recognised by Ofsted as a 'Good' school in its first inspection. I am now in the privileged and exciting position of driving the school's future by establishing Winterbourne Boys’ Academy as a pillar for educational excellence in the community for boys in south London.
We truly believe that Attitude Determines Altitude.
- Winterbourne Boys' Academy exists and works for all pupils and learners.
- We have an unshakeable belief that we can make a difference. Attitude Determines Altitude.
- We have high expectations of all in our community and believe that every learner can achieve beyond their expectations.
- We firmly believe that one's attitude is the key ingredient in achieving success regardless of background or ability.
- We prepare our pupils and learners to take advantage of learning opportunities to rise to the demands of academic rigour and high standards of scholarship.
- We believe that every learner can succeed and we challenge and support them to reach their full potential. We offer all learners a rounded education to meet the challenges of an ever changing society.
- We raise the aspiration of learners to ensure that they achieve beyond their expectations and play a valuable role in the world.
- We celebrate success and encourage pupils to take part in and enjoy learning by stretching the abilities of all.
- We want to develop successful, confident individuals who are responsible, effective contributors to the school community, their families and wider society.
- We want pupils to be happy and successful at school, to be skilled, thoughtful, well-mannered and to love to learn.
- As an inclusive, caring school where every child is important, we recognise that all children have talents and abilities to encourage and celebrate. We support a strong community spirit where we show consideration and respect for each other, we understand and value differences and uphold kind, courteous behaviour.
- We want to challenge and develop our children to be intellectually curious, autonomous learners who are inspired and stimulated through a rich and varied curriculum appropriate to each individual’s needs. We develop children’s learning by setting high expectations and exacting standards, teaching and reinforcing the skills, which form the foundation for successful schooling and lifelong learning.